Vionnet is a fashion brand founded by designer Madeleine Vionnet. Matteo Marzotto purchased the company in 2009 and re-launched the brand for the contemporary luxury market. Vionnet is now sold in over 150 stores internationally.
CHALLENGE: To build an online community both quickly and cost-effectively. The goal was to acquire 15,000 fans on Facebook in three months.
SOLUTION: A Facebook Ads campaign encouraging people to “like” the Vionnet Facebook Page.
A series of Facebook Ads were run in November and December 2010. The ads targeted English and Italian-speaking people around the world. The creative content drew on Vionnet’s new collection and also on celebrities who had recently worn the brand’s designs. The Social Ads Tool made it possible to test 1,500 ads during the two-month time period and then to run with the ads with the highest conversion rates or the lowest cost-per-fan.
- More than 15,000 people liked the Vionnet Facebook Page in less than two months, achieving the company’s goal in under the target timeframe.
- Cost-per-fan of as little as 11 cents, down from 1 euro at the start of the campaign.
- 28 percent of people who clicked on a Vionnet Facebook Ad went on to like the Page.
- Facebook became the third highest referrer of traffic to the Vionnet website.
- Vionnet’s fans are actively and enthusiastically engaging with the brand’s Page. The Page has become an important communication platform for Vionnet as the brand expands its online presence.